New Mexico Resources
- Affordable Care Act Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program New Mexico’s Statewide Needs Assessment
- Avanzar is a resource for residents of Northern NM. Here you can find a variety of health related services in Rio Arriba County which include drug recovery programs, counseling, domestic violence intervention, transportation, and medical care.
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- County Health Rankings 2011 – New Mexico – The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute are pleased to present the 2011 County Health Rankings, a collection of 50 reports that reflect the overall health of counties in every state across the country. Downloads and links.
- Health Action New Mexico’s mission is to work for accessible, affordable, and accountable health care for all people living in New Mexico.
- 2010 Kids Count by NM Voices for Children
- 2010 New Mexico Department of Health Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Report Card It contains data from a variety of sources from within the NM Department of Health. Five major racial and ethnic groups in New Mexico have been included for each indicator (even if data cannot be reported due to small numbers). The key indicators were chosen because of their impact on the health of New Mexicans. Letter grades are used to show how well the health system is doing at eliminating differences among populations by comparing outcomes for each group to the outcomes for the populations with the best rate. Data comparing New Mexico to the nation, and/or males to females is also included.
- New Mexico Department of Health
- New Mexico Health Equity Working Group’s mission is to promote health equity in New Mexico by: Reframing the predominant view of health to include and address the social determinants (social, economic and political factors) of health.
- New Mexico Health Resources is a private, non-profit agency that supports the recruitment and retention of healthcare professionals in the state of New Mexico.
- New Mexico Grantmakers Directory
- New Mexico Nonprofit Directory
- New Mexico Plan to Promote Healthier Weight
- New Mexico Public Health Association
- 2011 Medical Group Snapshot for Albuquerque
National Health Resources
- Food Desert Locator – A food desert is made up of low-income communities without ready access to healthy and affordable food. Much of our state is considered a food desert. Check out the online tool/map here.
- Healthcare.gov is a resource of the Department of Health and Human Services where citizens can find insurance options, learn about prevention, compare care quality, and understand the new law.
- HHSD’s Plan to Reduce Health Disparities 2011
- The Health and Human Services Department website has information on RFPs for federal funding.
- Cuidadodesalud.gov – The Department of Health and Human Services unveiled the Spanish-language version of HealthCare.gov – resources for finding health insurance, evaluating quality of care, & disease prevention.
- Partners Investing in Nursing’s Future, an initiative of the Northwest Health Foundation and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is a unique collaboration of the philanthropic community to foster innovations that help address the nursing crisis.
Technical Assistance Resources