New Mexico Heroes of Health work to improve health in New Mexico. They can be health care
providers, advocates, administrators, clinicians, or policy makers, just to name a few eligible categories.
They are unsung heroes; volunteers and individuals that work to improve health in NM and whose efforts make a difference in our communities.
This year’s nominees for the 2011 New Mexico Hero of Health are:
- Glenys Carl, Executive Director, Coming Home Connection (nominated twice)
- Gail Evans, Legal Director, NM Center on Law and Poverty
- Dr. Warren Graham, Corporate Dental Director, Presbyterian Medical Services
- Isabel E. Jewell, Community Activist & Board Co-Chair, Boys & Girls Club del Norte
- Sylvia Ruiz, Executive Director, N.M. Teen Pregnancy Coalition
- Chris Shuey, MPH, Director of the Uranium Impact Assessment Project, Southwest Research and Information Center
- Kristine Suozzi, Public Health Advocate, New Mexico Health Equity Working Group
- Barry McIntosh, Program Manager, Planned Parenthood of New Mexico
- Mary Zouhar, donor and volunteer at Metropolitan Homelessness Project
The top honoree will be announced at the 10th Anniversary & Grantee Reception on Friday November 18th at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel. For information on our 10th Anniversary & Grantee Recognition Reception.