COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Opportunities
COVID-19 funds are currently closed, visit our COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Opportunities page for updates: https://conalma.org/grantmaking/covid-19-emergency-assistance-opportunities/
Annual 2021 Grant Cycles
Opens: Monday, March 15, 2021
Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021 at midnight
Grant Cycle Process
Grant Cycle Guidelines
Con Alma Health Foundation awards grants, to qualified 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations serving the people and communities of New Mexico, each year in support of nonprofits’ efforts to improve their community’s health.
The emphasis of our grantmaking is on attaining long-term policy solutions and health equity that is informed by community voices.
The Foundation grants promote systemic change and are outcome oriented. Successful application requests align with the Foundation’s mission and core values.
Access to grant application form: CAHF Grant Portal
Area of Interest and Priorities
Con Alma Health Foundation defines health broadly in the areas of health and human services. The Foundation defines health broadly to include physical, mental, emotional, behavioral, social, oral, environmental, and spiritual health and well-being and has a focus on the needs of the uninsured/underinsured and the medically underserved. It works to advance health equity and reduce health disparities by promoting greater access to health care and improved quality of health care for all–with a special emphasis on people of color and rural and tribal communities.
Priority consideration is given to proposals that demonstrate strong collaborative relationships, have multiple funding sources, a plan for sustainability and address systemic change rather than direct services.
Nonprofits interested in approaching Con Alma for funding can do so through two overarching funding opportunities:
Con Alma Grants
Con Alma Grants awards grants that engage in health systems strategies that address the needs and builds on the strengths of the diverse communities of New Mexico. The Foundation supports the efforts that improve the health status of all peoples living in New Mexico.
Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group (NNMHGG)
In partnership with the Hospital Auxiliary for Los Alamos Medical Center, the Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group awards grants that promote the health and wellness of the diverse peoples of Los Alamos, Española, and northern Santa Fe counties.
- The purpose of the grant must benefit people living in New Mexico.
- Grants are awarded only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) Code of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Grant opportunity is open to all eligible applicants (based on the guidelines outlined), including current and past grant recipients of Con Alma and Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group.
- No grant will be made to individuals, or to fund scholarships/fellowships, capital or endowment campaigns, annual fundraising campaigns, event sponsorships, debt liquidation, or clinical research.
- Except for Covid-19 emergency relief, no grant will be made for direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups.
- No grant will be made to fund political campaigns, lobbying activities, or other partisan activities prohibited by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- No grant will be made to organizations that discriminate based on race, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- No grant will be made for religious purposes nor to an organization when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes.
- No grant will be made to fund construction, renovation, or repairs.
- The Foundation’s grants may compliment, but shall not replace federal, tribal, state, city, town, or county government health programs.
Review the current year’s Grant Guidelines for additional eligibility and restrictions.
To ensure you are getting the latest information on all grant cycles, be sure you have signed up for our mailing list, with “Grant Cycle Information” checked!