What We Do
The mission of Con Alma Health Foundation is to be aware of and respond to the health rights and needs of culturally and demographically diverse peoples and communities of New Mexico. We seek to improve health status and access to health care services, and advocates for health policy that will address the unmet health needs of all. Con Alma makes grants and contributions to fulfill its Mission.
Con Alma’s work is guided by six core values:
- Improve the health status of all New Mexicans;
- Maintain the public trust;
- Involve, collaborate and partner with New Mexico communities;
- Innovate and lead;
- Teach and learn; and
- Be an effective advocate for policies that improve health in New Mexico.
Our Mission and Core Values guide Con Alma Health Foundation’s grantmaking. Grants focus on ensuring that all peoples in New Mexico have full and equal access to opportunities that enable them to lead healthy lives. Whether through the Foundation’s grantmaking, partnerships, research or reports, Con Alma Health Foundation serves as a catalyst for positive, systemic change.
Grants are awarded each year in support of nonprofits’ efforts to improve their community’s health. The emphasis of our grantmaking is on attaining long-term policy solutions and health equity that is informed by community voices.
Visit “For Grant Seekers” to view Con Alma’s Area of Interest and Priorities, Eligibility, Funding Restrictions, Concepts and Definitions, SmartSimple Instructions and all Grant Cycle information
To save time and effort, we strongly encourage potential applicants to follow these steps prior to initiating an application:
- Familiarize yourself with the Foundation’s mission, core values, priorities, and grant review process. Visit our Who We Are and For Grant Seekers pages.
- Review Con Alma Grant and Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group Guidelines for specific information regarding grant opportunities. Visit our For Grant Seekers page.
- All applicants will need to register using the SmartSimple portal to access the application.
Applicants with previous submissions to Con Alma or to NNMHGG email to receive link to your organization’s portal.
Applicants new to Con Alma or to the Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group Register at our Grant Portal.