COVID Community Relief and Rebuild
Con Alma’s COVID relief and recovery work is ongoing as we strive to increase health in New Mexico’s diverse communities. From our initial relief at the start of the pandemic, to our current work towards an equitable vaccine rollout and recovery from its impact, Con Alma will continue to support a healthier New Mexico.
When the pandemic began we partnered with national and local funders to support community relief efforts across the state. We received grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to help support our hardest hit communities. We recently partnered with the Families and Workers Fund to further support New Mexico’s immigrant communities. Our current work involves an ongoing partnership with Kellogg and local partners to help ensure an equitable vaccine rollout and community rebuild effort.
This work continues to be possible through our partnership with the New Mexico Health Equity Partnership, an initiative of the Santa Fe Community Foundation. This partnership helps expand the capacity of existing networks to address service gaps, leverage resources, and create a COVID-19 recovery plan that focuses on long-term policies and system-change strategies to address health disparities and advance health equity.
To keep up with our latest grant opportunities, please sign up for email updates here on our Grant Cycle Information email list or text GRANTCYCLES to 22828. Connect with us on facebook, LinkedIn, and twitter for updates and to discuss and share resources with us.
Dear Con Alma Health Foundation Friends & Colleagues, As the COVID-19 public health emergency evolves, Con Alma Health Foundation will continue to take steps to minimize exposure and slow the projected spread of infection. All staff continue to work remotely and...
Con Alma Health Foundation thanks our funding and community partners for their support of the COVID-19 Relief for Immigrant Communities in New Mexico Project. With the generosity of our partners, we were able to leverage over $1.4 million in funds to support both...
COVID-19 RESOURCE LISTSRegional and Topical Resource List We are updating this list as we become aware of relevant information. If you are aware of resources that we have missed, please email Dennis McCutcheon at dmccutcheon (at) conalma.org. As we continue our...
Con Alma's executive director Dolores E. Roybal discusses the Foundation's COVID relief work with Allee Mead of the Rural Health Information Hub in the first of four articles in the series "During Pandemic, Rural Health Foundations Provide Financial Support, Technical...
Con Alma Health Foundation was awarded a $1,000,000 grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) as part of its $50 million effort to provide humanitarian aid to help some of the families and communities feeling the greatest strain under the COVID-19 health...
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation awarded a $500,000 grant to Con Alma Health Foundation to establish and manage the COVID-19 Relief for Immigrant Communities in New Mexico Fund, to provide direct assistance to New Mexicans who are immigrants and create awareness about the...
Con Alma's COVID-19 Response
In light of the evolving public health threat due to COVID-19, Con Alma Health Foundation continues to take a number of steps in an attempt to minimize exposure and slow the projected spread of infection. Until further notice, Con Alma has suspended all in-person meetings at the Con Alma office. In the interim, all staff are working remotely and can be reached via email or other means as arranged.
VACCINE ROLLOUT & COMMUNITY REBUILD
Our current COVID related work involves an ongoing partnership with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and local partners on a two year grant to help ensure an equitable vaccine rollout and community rebuild effort.
- Albuquerque Area Southwest Tribal Epidemiology Center – COVID-19 Public Health Alert and Resources
- Con Alma’s COVID-19 Resource List – A regional and topical resource list addressing issues specific to New Mexico’s diverse communities
- COVID-19 Funding Resource Center – A collaborative effort to maximize opportunities for NM organizations and agencies to access local, state, and national grants that will help with the state’s recovery and relief
- COVID-19: Emerging Community Needs and Policy Solutions – Health Equity Initiative’s Report and Call to Action
- Financial Resource Guide During COVID-19 – New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty’s comprehensive source of information about assistance—and New Mexicans’ rights to access it—available across the state now and in the future
- Navajo Nation Department of Health – Dikos Ntsaaígíí-19 (COVID-19) Info and Resources
- NMDOH COVID-19 Vaccine Info and Registration – Users who have questions or would like support with the registration process – including New Mexicans who do not have internet access – can dial 1-855-600-3453, press option 0 for vaccine questions, and then option 4 for tech support.
- NMDOH Community Health Worker Resource Center – A one-stop resource for our community partners, Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Community Health Representative (CHRs) to quickly link to registration, flyers, training materials, data, and trusted resource
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center – Elsevier’s free health and medical research on the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and COVID-19