COVID Community Relief and Rebuild
Con Alma’s COVID relief and recovery work is ongoing as we strive to increase health in New Mexico’s diverse communities. From our initial relief support, to our work towards an equitable vaccine rollout and ongoing recovery from the impact of the pandemic, Con Alma will continue our support for a healthier New Mexico.
When the pandemic began we partnered with national and local funders to support community relief efforts across the state. We received grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to help support our hardest hit communities. We recently partnered with the Families and Workers Fund to further support our immigrant communities. Our current work involves an ongoing partnership with Kellogg and local partners on a two year grant to help ensure an equitable vaccine rollout and community rebuild effort.
Be sure to check back for updates to this page and to our COVID-19 resource list. Sign up for email updates on Con Alma related COVID-19 funding opportunities here on our Grant Cycle Information email list or text GRANTCYCLES to 22828. Connect with us on facebook, LinkedIn, and twitter for updates and to discuss and share resources.
We have begun work on a $2.5 million grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation that will help ensure COVID-19 vaccines are distributed equitably across the state and support communities to address the disproportionate impact the pandemic has had on them. Grants will...
We have begun work on a new $2.5 million grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation that will help ensure COVID-19 vaccines are distributed equitably across the state and support communities to address the disproportionate impact the pandemic has had on them. Grants will...
Please join us on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 from 10:00 – 11:30am for a NM Vaccine Equity Webinar hosted by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which will include information on COVID-19 vaccine equity strategies, data, research, and upcoming funding opportunities for...
Con Alma Health Foundation was awarded a $140,000 grant from the Families and Workers Fund, a collaborative philanthropic effort designed to support and empower workers, families, and communities devastated by the health and economic crisis caused by COVID-19, via the...
Con Alma's COVID-19 Response
In light of the evolving public health emergency due to COVID-19, Con Alma Health Foundation continues to take a number of steps in an attempt to minimize exposure and slow the projected spread of infection. Until further notice, Con Alma has suspended all in-person meetings at the Con Alma office. In the interim, all staff are working remotely and can be reached via email or other means as arranged.
- Albuquerque Area Southwest Tribal Epidemiology Center – COVID-19 Public Health Alert and Resources
- Con Alma’s COVID-19 Resource List – A regional and topical resource list addressing issues specific to New Mexico’s diverse communities
- COVID-19 Funding Resource Center – A collaborative effort to maximize opportunities for NM organizations and agencies to access local, state, and national grants that will help with the state’s recovery and relief
- COVID-19: Emerging Community Needs and Policy Solutions Health Equity Initiative’s Report and Call to Action
- Navajo Nation Department of Health – Dikos Ntsaaígíí-19 (COVID-19) Info and Resources
- NMDOH COVID-19 Vaccine Info and Registration Users who have questions or would like support with the registration process – including New Mexicans who do not have internet access – can dial 1-855-600-3453, press option 0 for vaccine questions, and then option 4 for tech support.
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center Elsevier’s free health and medical research on the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and COVID-19