COVID Community Relief and Rebuild
Con Alma’s COVID relief and recovery work is ongoing as we strive to increase health in New Mexico’s diverse communities. From our initial relief at the start of the pandemic, to our current work towards an equitable vaccine rollout and recovery from its impact, Con Alma will continue to support a healthier New Mexico.
When the pandemic began we partnered with national and local funders to support community relief efforts across the state. We received grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to help support our hardest hit communities. We recently partnered with the Families and Workers Fund to further support New Mexico’s immigrant communities. Our current work involves an ongoing partnership with Kellogg and local partners to help ensure an equitable vaccine rollout and community rebuild effort.
This work continues to be possible through our partnership with the New Mexico Health Equity Partnership, an initiative of the Santa Fe Community Foundation. This partnership helps expand the capacity of existing networks to address service gaps, leverage resources, and create a COVID-19 recovery plan that focuses on long-term policies and system-change strategies to address health disparities and advance health equity.
To keep up with our latest grant opportunities, please sign up for email updates here on our Grant Cycle Information email list or text GRANTCYCLES to 22828. Connect with us on facebook, LinkedIn, and twitter for updates and to discuss and share resources with us.
With support from a $2.8 million grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and a $50,000 contribution from the Santa Fe Community Foundation’s Community Resiliency Fund, Con Alma Health Foundation recently awarded 16 grants totaling $1,204,100. These grants were awarded...
In celebration of Con Alma Health Foundation's 20 years of investing in the health of New Mexico's communities, we are honored to announce 33 grants totaling $507,500. In addition to our annual grants, Con Alma awarded $525,000 in vaccine equity and community rebuild...
The New Mexico Immigrant Law Center and New Mexico Black Leadership Council are among the 27 nonprofits receiving grants for the first phase of Con Alma Health Foundation’s vaccine equity project. We are awarding $600,000 statewide to ensure Covid-19 vaccines are...
We are working on a $2.5 million grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation that will help ensure COVID-19 vaccines are distributed equitably across the state and support communities to address the disproportionate impact the pandemic has had on them. Con Alma will award...
Please join us on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 from 10:00 – 11:30am for a NM Vaccine Equity Webinar hosted by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which will include information on COVID-19 vaccine equity strategies, data, research, and upcoming funding opportunities for...
Con Alma Health Foundation was awarded a $140,000 grant from the Families and Workers Fund, a collaborative philanthropic effort designed to support and empower workers, families, and communities devastated by the health and economic crisis caused by COVID-19. The...
Con Alma's COVID-19 Response
In light of the evolving public health emergency due to COVID-19, Con Alma Health Foundation continues to take a number of steps in an attempt to minimize exposure and slow the projected spread of infection. Until further notice, Con Alma has suspended all in-person meetings at the Con Alma office. In the interim, all staff are working remotely and can be reached via email or other means as arranged.
VACCINE ROLLOUT & COMMUNITY REBUILD
Our current COVID related work involves an ongoing partnership with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and local partners on a two year grant to help ensure an equitable vaccine rollout and community rebuild effort.
- Albuquerque Area Southwest Tribal Epidemiology Center – COVID-19 Public Health Alert and Resources
- Con Alma’s COVID-19 Resource List – A regional and topical resource list addressing issues specific to New Mexico’s diverse communities
- COVID-19 Funding Resource Center – A collaborative effort to maximize opportunities for NM organizations and agencies to access local, state, and national grants that will help with the state’s recovery and relief
- COVID-19: Emerging Community Needs and Policy Solutions – Health Equity Initiative’s Report and Call to Action
- Financial Resource Guide During COVID-19 – New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty’s comprehensive source of information about assistance—and New Mexicans’ rights to access it—available across the state now and in the future
- Navajo Nation Department of Health – Dikos Ntsaaígíí-19 (COVID-19) Info and Resources
- NMDOH COVID-19 Vaccine Info and Registration – Users who have questions or would like support with the registration process – including New Mexicans who do not have internet access – can dial 1-855-600-3453, press option 0 for vaccine questions, and then option 4 for tech support.
- NMDOH Community Health Worker Resource Center – A one-stop resource for our community partners, Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Community Health Representative (CHRs) to quickly link to registration, flyers, training materials, data, and trusted resource
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center – Elsevier’s free health and medical research on the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and COVID-19